Friday, December 21, 2012


Shout for Joy to the Lord, all the earth! ~ Psalm 100:1

As 2012 comes to a close I have to reflect on this year of miracles. This past spring I was having cancerous ovary removed from my body. This past summer I was somewhat discouraged because the surgery didn’t seem to have helped me in the way that I had hoped. This past fall I had to repent of my lack of faith when I found out that was pregnant! And this winter has concluded a breathless year with a whirlwind of preparing for this long awaited child.

After the events of this year I feel that I have to apologize for my lack of zeal in writing the continuing story. I’ve kept some of the most exciting developments off the page because I was too scared to believe that these chapters were real and that they would stick. I was hesitant to share the news of this pregnancy because I thought it was too good to be true. But, God is faithful in a little and he is faithful in a lot. He created this child and so far my pregnancy has been healthy and uneventful and I know he will continue to watch over me and her – yes “her!”

Now is the time to shout for joy and to proclaim that God is good! I would have never guessed that this particular story would describe my journey to having my first child, but it is true that all those years of waiting seem to have vanished in the twinkling of an eye. The hardship of having our hopes deferred has instead served to strengthen Nate and I as a couple and has increased our joy tenfold!

This Christmas we are thankful for God’s son Jesus, and thankful for our own little baby that is on the way. I also pray that I will be faithful in telling God’s story and all the great things he has done for me in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment